Gail J Weissert, LCSW-C, DCSW
Individual, Family, Couples and Hypnotherapy
I bring to your life over thirty years’ postgraduate experience in varied settings and with many populations. My greatest joy in life is to see my clients make strides through crisis and beyond – to coping better, feeling better, and with a new understanding and skill set. My training and experience is in a variety of modalities, from cognitive behavioral therapy, to behavior modification, to family systems therapy, to hypnotherapy and energy psychology strategies, can give the client choices about ways to get better and do better, to move forward to a better place in life.
Changing underlying thinking patterns can change how you feel, how you act, and how you interact with others in your life, whether that be at home or at work. Neuroscience research has now shown us that we can literally create new neuronal patterns in our brains, thus causing transformation at a deep level. There are numerous varieties of therapy which can bring this about.
Certifications & Affiliations
- Certified Clinical Hypnotherapist – National Guild of Hypnotists (NGH)
- International Association of Counselors and Therapists (IACT) since 2006
- LCSW-C (Licensed Certified Social Worker, Clinical) since 1982
- ACSW (Academy of Certified Social Workers) since 1981
- Diplomate in Clinical Social Work since 1993
- Family Therapy Institute, Chevy Chase, MD, 18 month Certificate Program
- 1983 Otto Kroeger Associates, Fairfax, VA, Completed Qualifying and Advanced Trainings
- Institute of Medical Hypnosis, Phoenix, AZ, 1992-1995 plus ten years supervised training
- Completed Certification Course for Energy Psychology
- Member of Association for Comprehensive Energy Psychology since 2012
- Completed Qualifying and Advanced Trainings on Myers Briggs Type Indicator, Otto Kroeger Associates, Fairfax, VA
- University of Maryland School of Social Work and Community Planning, MSW (Clinical Concentration) 1979 Honors Graduate, 60 Credit Hours.
- Washington College, Chestertown, MD. One-third courses towards M.A. in Psychology, 1970-1972.
- Undergraduate courses in Sociology at University of Pittsburgh, 1969-1970.
- Allegheny College, Meadville, Pennsylvania, Cum Laude Graduate, 1969, B.A. (Includes junior year abroad program with full year of credits transferred from Phillipps University in Marburg, Germany, 1968)
- Graduate School: University of Maryland
- Year Graduated: 1979
- License No. and State: 02976 Maryland