These pancakes are to die for!
You’ll never guess, but the “flour” for these pancakes is simply ground pecans which you can do in a food processor or blender.
- 1 cup pecans
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- pinch salt
- ¼ cup canned pumpkin
- 2 tablespoons oil
- ¼ cup sugar-free ginger ale (or just water and sweetener to taste)
- Extra sweetener to taste*
- 2 eggs
- Grind pecans in food processor. Add spices, salt, and baking powder and pulse until well-blended. Transfer these dry ingredients to a medium-sized bowl or quart-sized measuring cup with lip. (Note: do not try to blend the wet ingredients with dry in the food processor – it makes the batter thinner for some reason).
- Combine the rest of the ingredients and mix well (a fork works well).
- Heat pan or griddle to medium heat and cook pancakes, flipping when brown.
- You can add sugar-free maple syrup on top, or if you like, add a little extra sweetener to the mix before cooking so that you don’t have to add any other condiments on top.